Financial and Tax Due Diligence
Whether you’re buying or selling a business, due diligence is likely to emerge as a key step of the transaction process from its infancy through to completion. It’s one of the most important processes in an M&A deal as it can reduce your risk, as a buyer, through confirming the accuracy of the seller’s claims.
Without doubt, the success of an acquisition to an acquirer, be it a corporate or financial investor, can be significantly influenced by the extent and quality of the due diligence undertaken. Financial due diligence is a key aspect of the overall investigation into the target.
How can we help?
Our financial due diligence team comprises specialists who are deeply committed and experienced in providing, both Buyers-side due diligence and Vendor-side due diligence.
The specifics of the deal always determine the scope of financial due diligence. However, the process typically includes:
- An in-depth analysis of underlying historic performance, cash flows, assets and liabilities.
- A critique of management’s forecasts, including the working capital requirements of the business.
- A review of the underlying financial systems and controls.
- Analysis of the taxation position of the business.
Our final report will include;
- A summary of the the key issues identified.
- Our views on the risks identifued and possible implications for the deal.
Our team has significant experience in relation to multiple due dilligence reviews for both buyers and sellers.